Yahoo! Sports has released an update for its native iOS and Android Sports app. The most noticeable change in the update is the name change from Sportacular to Yahoo! Sports.
The new version is supposed to be a snappier experience compared to its previous version, adding much more content and support for iPad.
According to the company, on the iPad, it has mainly focussed on making the app smoother and faster to scan, navigate and consume. This includes adding additional screen space so users can easily read articles while at the same time watch live updates.
Here’s the complete changelog of the Yahoo! Sports v4.0 for iOS:
- Users can sign in to their Yahoo! Sports to synchronize their desired teams across all the screens.
- Support for iPad.
- The new Live Games feature provides the live information over all the supported teams.
- Get pitch-by-pitch information.
- View game tweets from the local sports writers.
- A classic new look for easy scanning and navigation.
But the Android version changelog is not as extensive as iOS version. However, this release is only for Android smartphones, not for tablets.
Here’s the complete changelog of the Android version 4.0:
- A new redesigned version with enhanced scores and a simplified navigation.
- Users can sign in to their Yahoo! Sports to synchronize their desired teams across all the screens; web, iPad, iPhone and Android.
- View complete game stats from the details page.