Google Analytics for Android has been updated to version 2.1. The latest version brings new card-based design, improved functionality and bug fixes.
Google Analytics is a smart app that allows users to keep up with their site’s performance on the move. According to the company, the Android version has been downloaded over 7 lakhs times to date.
Now the latest version allows users to access all their data (Web & app reporting views), and has new visualizations that has been specially developed with phones and tablets in mind, and also allows users to choose the most relevant metrics.
The update brings the following interesting features:
- Completely modernized look and feel, perfect for phones and tablets.
- New visualizations that automatically adapt to your screen size and orientation.
- Side navigation that reflects the web-based version for having quick access to reports.
- Added specially developed reporting for web & app views.
- Added an Overview screen that outlines key metrics from each and every report.
- Enhancements to real-time reporting.
- Advanced segments for further analyzing your data.
Currently, you will encounter a much shorter changelog in the official Google Play Store page, but it includes a hint that Custom Reports will be available soon. Moreover, the company says that they have developed the new version based on Google Tag Manager, allowing users to add new reports, update visualizations, and alter navigation without having to refresh the app.
Android users can download the updated version of Google Analytics from Google Play Store. The app is available for free and requires devices running Android 4.0 or above to be compatible.
Google Analytics download link for Android (free)