Stack Exchange has rolled out an Android app by the same name. This is a free-to-use app that has more than 100 question and answer communities covering a wide variety of topics, right from software programming to games and cooking.
As aforementioned, Stack Exchange service consists of a vast network of more than 100 question and answer sites that covers a multiple topics. You can access all the sites through the app even without an account, but you will not be able to ask or answer questions. You can create an account in the app, or use your Facebook and Google profiles.
All of the sites work in the same way; anyone can ask a question on their desired site, then the answers are voted up and down by the community. If you answer questions, you will earn handsome reputation points based on the votes that offer you more authority on the site.
Indeed, users with a good reputation monitor things by being granted moderator tools. You can also leverage the app as a handy resource to hunt for queries that have already been asked.
The main page of the app consist of a few scrollable lists of trending questions. In order to access a particular category, you can go to the navigation menu available on the left hand side of the screen. You can mark your favorite topics as your favorites to easily access them later. Moreover, the app can also notify you when you get answers/comments.
The app’s feed consists of the following features:
- You will be able to answer customized recommendations of questions, based on the tags as well as sites you participate in.
- Features interesting questions that have been designed to your tastes; the app learns your interests from your activities and get a better idea over time.
- Receive notifications when you get upvotes or your answers are accepted.
- All your chat messages, answers, and so on are accessed from one timeline.
- Community events, blog posts, Suggested jobs for you from Careers.
The company says that a tablet-optimized edition of the app is coming soon, followed by lacking features/functionalities users ask for. In order to provide your feedback, you can drop it here. Moreover, the company has also set to roll out iOS app in the near future.
Android users can download the Stack Exchange app directly from the link given below. The app is compatible with devices running on Android version 4.0 or above.
Stack Exchange download link for Android (free)