The British Telecommunication plc has introduced a BT SmartTalk app for Android and iOS platforms which makes the smartphone calls less expensive for BT customers.
To make use of this app, you need to have a WiFi connection or a 3G support. It lets the customers of BT to make phone calls from their smartphones which will be then billed to their home phone. This is a first app that connects a smartphone to the calling plan of the user’s landline phone.
Users of Pay-as-you-go (PAYG) tariff can make use of the app and make phone calls even without topping up their PAYG credit. This app permits up to 5 users per household.
- This is a free-to-use app and available for all the BT customers
- You can make calls from your smartphones having an internet connection using your BT landline calling plan
- You can make calls at a cheaper rate to 0800, 0845 and 0870 numbers
- You can make calls fearlessly from abroad when you call the UK
- You can make calls even without topping up your PAYG credit
As this app depends upon internet connection to make calls, BT said that the quality of call depends upon the user’s internet connection. This app warn the customers when the signal strength of the internet connection is poor.
This is a free-to-use app and is available for iOS and Android smartphones in iTunes and Google Play Store respectively.
iTunes download link for BT SmatTalk app : https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/bt-smarttalk/id586965407
BT SmartTalk download link for Android devices : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bt.voiceapps.homeaway