Google has pushed an update to its Search app for iOS, bringing a bunch of new features and enhancements for Google Now and the core search experience.
This time, the company has mainly concentrated on Google Now. Let’s take a look at what’s new in the updated Google Now version:
- Users will now get notified with updates about approaching appointments or events, public transit and flights. You will even receive notifications if the app is not open.
- Next up is Reminders. You can now ask the app to remind you things. For instance, you can ask it to remind you to purchase groceries at walmart, or when any of your favorite musicians launch a new album.
- Now the app features several types of cards, letting you to view tickets, boarding passes, future local events as well as rental reservations.
- Support for Handsfree Voice: Simply say ‘OK Google’ in order to search.
And, next comes the Search. Company has revamped the Search app with the following significant features:
- A simplified and modernized homepage.
- Ability to use gestures in order to zoom or throw away images.
- Sign in to other Google apps with just a tap.
- Enhanced voiceover accessibility.
Google Search for iOS has received welcome new features and improvements this time, which brings it close feature parity with the Android counterpart.
iOS users can download the revamped version of the Google Search from the link given below. The app works with devices running on iOS 6.0 or above.
Google Search download link for iOS (free)