Ordnance survey, a old mapping agency has today launched its OS MapFinder App that works on all iOS devices.
This MapFinder App is an ideal choice for walkers, runners, cyclists and the individuals who look out for some outdoor entertainment. The App is easy to use and it comes wrapped with scalable overview mapping which includes scale mapping of 1:250 000.
This simple App will let the users to search and get information on furnishing the place name, grid reference and postcode of the desire location.
Important features of the OS MapFinder App:
- Users can record their personal routes
- Users can view current time, distance, speed, longitude and latitude of a specific destination
- Plan a trip and measure travelling time required to cover reach trip
- Scroll smoothly and zoom between the maps
- Track desired location using the built-in GPS feature or by positioning the Wi-Fi
- saved OS Landranger and tiles of OS explorer map can be even viewed when user is in offline mode
- Find place by just by providing a place name and the App searches different parts of Great Britain to provide you the required place.
- Provide tips to users as how to read the maps and process of map navigation.
Peter Ter Haar, the director of products at Ordnance survey has stated that “ mapping agency feels pride of itself after the launch of OS MapFinder App that provides accurate and updated mapping data”.
Download the iOS version of the App at official iTunes store