SwiftKey, the acclaimed keyboard app on Android, has headed its way to iOS, although in a different form. Generally Apple does not encourage third-party keyboard apps on iOS to replace its own method, so SwiftKey has developed an app called SwiftKey Note to sneak its wonderful predictive text technology onto iOS.
SwiftKey Note is a beautiful note-taking app that embeds its most renowned functionality, predictive text entry within the app. This technology analyses your writing style, the more you use the app, the more it learns your writing style. After a certain time, it becomes uncannily perfect at predicting the word you want to feed after just typing in a letter or two.
The app’s elegant keyboard looks just like the traditional iOS one, but assimilates a slew of features that are available on Android. As you enter a word, 3 possibilities are shown above the keyboard, select any one of them with just a tap. Once are done with a word, again the app provides you 3 possibilities for the next word. And as you use the app, it learns about your typing habits and attempts to provide you accurate next-word predictions.
Moreover, the app integrates with Evernote service. Once you connect these 2 apps, SwiftKey leverages Evernote to sync your content, allowing you to access your stuff across multiple devices.
The app includes the following features:
- Simple Formatting system: Simply swipe over the word suggestion bar to the left in order to display options like Underline, Bullet Points, Bold, Indent, and Italic.
- Ability to organize your content: you can get all your similar notes together in Notebooks.
- You can categorize or label your notes with tags that allow you to search easily.
- Share your desired notes with other apps using AirDrop, Mail, Messages, or copy to Clipboard.
- Keep track of your stats like keystrokes saved, words completed, typos rectified, efficiency, and the words predicted.
- There’s a tutorial section that clearly explains you about the app’s functionality.
iOS users can download SwiftKey Note from the following link. The app is available for free and works with devices powered by iOS version 6.0 or above.
SwiftKey Note download link for iOS (free)