Last week at MWC, it was revealed that Facebook Messenger is set to launch on the Windows Phone soon. And today it has finally landed on the platform! Users can download Facebook Messenger through the Windows Phone Store.
Facebook Messenger for Windows Phone works just like its iOS and Android counterparts. You will be able to export images privately, send stickers through messages, have a group conversation with your buddies, and share your current location to the users you want, so that they will know where exactly you are.
Here’s the complete list of features:
- View your messages without having to open Facebook.
- Express your feelings/thoughts more clearly with stickers and send images privately.
- Have group conversations with your dear ones and make plans on the go.
- Seamlessly share your current location as your buddies will know where you are.
- Know when your friends have read your messages.
- Find out who’s using the app and who’s online on Facebook.
- Always stay logged in so you will not miss a message at any time.
- Ability to disable notifications when you are at work, party, sleeping or when you just need a peaceful break.
- You will never lose your contacts or conversation history with the app.
However, this initial version lacks few features. The app doesn’t support voice messaging options, and moreover, chat heads are not around to allow users to quickly toggle between active discussions. Let’s hope that the company will soon bring the missing features to the Windows Phone version.
Windows Phone 8 users can download the Facebook Messenger app directly from the link provided below.
Facebook Messenger download link for Windows Phone 8 (free)