The most popular location-based check-ins app for mobile devices, Foursquare, has landed on Windows 8/RT platform! This app has been specially tailored to be compatible with large-screen devices, and offers a smooth layout and design to view your check-in history and find new places.
Windows 8 app is aimed at helping people to find new locations and offers a great and riveting experience.
As the mobile phone version, Windows 8 app also allows you to check-in and add locations and venues to your mix for later reference. Users can know where their friends are, and where they are going by checking in to locations they visit and sharing and storing their beloved locations.
Complete feature list of Windows 8 version:
- You can receive instant suggestions when you fire up the app, regardless of whether you have a Foursquare account or not.
- View nearby, recently opened and trending places.
- Easily search for your favorite places.
- Get directions, images, hours and many more.
- Support for full-screen images.
- Save your beloved spots to your to-do list and create custom lists.
- Get tips from your buddies, best publications and brands.
- Ability to like/dislike place and leave tips for buddies.
- Ability to check-in without having to disturb location browsing.
- The more you check-in, the more the app learns about you.
With all the stuff from people checking-in, sharing and storing their beloved locations, along with the tips and ratings, the app has become a fantastic service for discovering new places with personalized suggestions, and deals based on where you, your dear ones, and people with identical tastes have been.
Windows 8/RT users can download the new Foursquare app from Windows Store.