The free instant messaging and VoIP service, Viber has launched an update to its Desktop and BlackBerry apps alongside bringing support for Linux-powered computers.
Now Viber is available for Linux users too, accompanying Windows and Mac desktop users. With this, the service is available on all the major platforms.
Now let’s have a look at what’s new in the Desktop versions:
- The update brings a Viber Sticker Market which lets users to purchase and send their buddies stickers.
- Support for drag and drop functionality, which provides you the ability to send images by just dragging them to the app.
- Adds ‘Seen’ status, which allows you know when your recipient had viewed your messages.
- Supports video messages and photos: You can now see photo and video descriptions seamlessly.
- Enhancements to video call.
- Upgraded push-to-talk feature which is now much faster and efficient than the former versions.
BlackBerry version has also received a significant update in addition to the Desktop versions. Here’s the complete changelog of the latest version:
- Ability to send multiple emoticons in the same message.
- Now the message delivery is faster.
- Enhanced group capacity, up to 100 members.
- Integration with Twitter, which lets you share your photos on Twitter and ‘Tweet about Viber’.
- Performance enhancements.
- Bug fixes.
Desktop and BlackBerry users can download Viber from the links given below.
Viber download link for Desktop (free)
Viber download link for BlackBerry (free)