The dynamic companion app for Plex Media Server, Plex has just got a significant revamp with some pretty new features, including refreshed icon, splash screen, and interface for iOS 7 firmware.
The key addition in the update is a modernized look for Apple’s latest OS. The new interface no more features textured buttons and other out-of-date UI elements as in the former versions, it offers a completely new look that looks perfect at home on iOS 7.
Besides the interface tweaks, the update also includes the following news features and bug fixes:
- Ability to detect URLs on the clipboard for fast queuing to myPlex.
- All-new video player.
- Enhanced music player.
- Fixed a bug that causes the UI to hang when altering connectivity settings.
- Rectified an issue where entering sections with non-latin characters could crash the app.
- Solved another interface hang when canceling and backing out of a library.
- Rectified an issue where synced content could appear in Shared Libraries.
- Fixed a problem where content could become unplayable after it’s been reconverted by the media server.
- Rectified a problem which could fling some video content to iOS.
The updated version of Plex for iOS is downloadable via the link given below. The app is compatible with devices that run on iOS version 5.1.1 or above.
Plex download link for iOS (grab the update for free or pay $4.99 if downloading for the first time)